1 individual taken to hospital after fireplace at Serangoon Central espresso store

SINGAPORE: One individual was taken to hospital after a fireplace at a espresso store at…

1 individual taken to hospital after fireplace at Serangoon Central espresso store

SINGAPORE: One individual was taken to hospital after a fireplace at a espresso store at 261 Serangoon Central Drive within the early hours of Saturday morning (Might 14).

The Singapore Civil Defence Power (SCDF) was alerted to the hearth at about 1.20am and firefighters extinguished the blaze with one water jet.

“The fireplace concerned the kitchen exhaust ducting of a espresso store on the primary ground of the constructing,” SCDF stated in response to a CNA question.

Footage of the incident shared on TikTok confirmed flames rising a number of storeys up ducting on the facet of a constructing.

About 20 folks self-evacuated earlier than SCDF arrived on the scene, and one individual was later taken to Singapore Normal Hospital by SCDF due to smoke inhalation.

The reason for the hearth is below investigation.

SCDF supplied an infographic advising members of the general public, significantly stallholders, on how they will stop kitchen exhaust ducting fires.